(Revision to Addendum #1-items highlighted below)
Food Management Services for 13 Elementary Schools
If there is any work required in any of the
kitchens, the contractor will be required to follow the same protocols for any
renovation project within the school district.
This will include, but is not limited to, at least the following:
- Submission of a full set of plans and
specification for the project that will include at the minimum:
o Floor plans to include demolition plans of all equipment, walls, HVAC, plumbing etc.
o Relocation of any walls
o Complete set of mechanical, electrical and plumbing. Any changes to HVAC and electrical systems must include stamped engineered drawings
o All fire alarm and sprinkler work will require stamped engineered drawings. Review and integration of these systems into the building systems is a requirement
o All work will need to be done according to City specifications.
- These plans will need to be submitted to the
city’s Facilities Division for review and approval.
- Building permits from the Building Department
are required. Fees will
not be waived.
- The installation/renovation contractor will need
to abide by a standard city construction contract. This contract will include various insurance
standards, hours of work, and standard city warrantees.
- Contractor will provide sub-meters for all utilities to be
connected to the city building automation systems. Submeters will need to be submitted for approval.
- All work performed by the city facilities
division for construction management and inspections will be reimbursed to the
city of Manchester.
- Contractor required to review the project and schedule with the school
district and the City Facilities division before work commences.
- Contractor to supply a submittal package for all construction
divisions. City to review and approve submittals.
- As-built drawings are to be submitted at the conclusion of the project
and before any retainage is released. These include any changes different from
the drawings at the time of installation.
- An O&M package including any warranties is to be delivered to the
City. One (1) hard copy to be stored at the kitchen site and (2) a hard copy delivered to the City including a digital electronic version on a USB flash
- Contractor to supply an Insurance certificate for each site that meets
or exceeds the City of Manchester insurance requirements.
- Any construction/installation contractor should be prequalified the
City Facilities Division