Questions/Answers dated 12-22-15 pertaining to the District Fiber Switch Upgrade RFP
1. Question: Is there any type of diagram that represents the “existing” network that will
a. Is there a diagram of the “proposed” new network?
b. Is the new network to be 10GbE ?
c. Is there a plan for redundancy on both fiber and/or equipment (no single
point of failure design)?
Answer: No, there is not a diagram of the “proposed” new network. The
equipment is a 1 for 1 replacement.
No, the new network is not to be 1GbE. We will stay with 1GB
No, there is no plan for redundancy on both fiber and/or
equipment. The existing network design will not change.
2. Question: Is there a listing of all sites, with address that will receive new equipment?
If there is no proposed exact equipment list, can we get the following:
Port count required per location?
Port type per location (SMF, MMF, 1GbE, 10GbE, 1000TX ?
Answer: No, here is not a listing of all sites, with address that will
receive new equipment.
An exact equipment list has been provided within the RFP.
3. Question: Is there documentation on the specifications of existing fiber?
4. Question: Page 3: “Term”, are we to quote 1 year on all Smartnet contracts as well ?
5. Question: Page 3: #2, can you clarify if this pertains only to Cisco Smartnet, to the
vendor during install, or for the duration of a 1 year support contract from the
installing vendor ?
Answer: For the duration
6. Question: Page 4: #6. Is this existing equipment that the owner is looking to purchase
Smartnet for? Or is this the existing equipment that is to be replaced?
Answer: The equipment to be replaced
7. Question: Is there a listing of all equipment that is expecting to “stay behind” and integrate
with the new Fiber Network ?
8. Question: Does any of the current equipment that provides “WAN” connectivity also provide
connectivity for other devices ?
9. Question: Is there a way to schedule a walk-thru if desired?
Answer: No, not at this time
10. Question: Is there a network diagram that can be shared?
We can send an encrypted email, to which your reply would be encrypted, if
a diagram is available – I am also available to come pick it up
We can engage in a non-disclosure agreement if necessary
11. Question: What are the port counts for the 3750X switches?
Answer: 12 Port SFP fiber
12. Question: Do you need 1GB or 10GB SFP modules?
Answer: 1GB SFP
13. Question: The RFP indicates SX and LX SFP modules – is this reference to short
range and long range SFP modules, respectively?
14. Question: Will the City be stacking the 3750X with existing 3750 model switches?
If not will these new switches be stacked?
15. Question: Need layer 2 or layer 3?
For layer 3 – which routing functionality (static/RIP/OSPF/EIGRP)?
Answer: Need OSPF routing capability
16. Question: Need POE on all switches?
Which devices will be powered (access points, cameras, etc.) and how
17. Question: Is the City open to suggestions other than the 3750X if we think there is a
18. Question: Is there a particular 3750X that you would like quoted?
Answer: 12 Port Fiber Aggregate Switch
19. Question: Did you need –L/LAN (Layer 2), -S/IPBase (Basic Layer 3)?
Answer: Needs OSPF routing capability
20. Question: 24 or 48-ports?
Answer: 12 port
22. Question: Did you need single or dual AC power?
23. Question: Did you need to stack these switches?